Our nation’s largest civic mobilization—the census—relies on the marketing industry to communicate with our geographically and culturally diverse communities to produce the critical foundational data for our industry’s work.
It’s been two years since MRC members learned that a “perfect storm” was facing the 2020 Census. Today we can begin to understand how this storm — a global pandemic plus global and domestic political interference plus litigation-generated disruption— has impacted its results.
On Friday, October 22, 2021 at 12:30pm ET, join moderator Belle Frank , MRC member and the creative development SME on the IMC contract, for a stimulating discussion about the 2020 Census experience with Terri Ann Lowenthal, a nationally-recognized expert on the census, and Ketzirah Lesser, lead strategist from Team Y&R, who were the prime contractors on the 2020 Census Integrated Marketing Campaign.
Our panel will consider:
- The operational and political challenges the Census Bureau navigated to complete the 2020 Census, including pandemic-related delays and disruptions and political efforts to modify the results.
- A timeline for release of all 2020 Census data.
- The research and planning behind the half a billion dollar communications campaign.
- Real-time pivots and rapid response to address pandemic challenges, including partnerships with regional offices and local stakeholder organizations.
- Examples of the creative work Team Y & R developed for the 2020 Census.
You will also hear about significant considerations for 2030, including how to adjust data collection to keep pace with a changing population and how to harness an evolving media environment effectively.
Please join us with a guest for what will be a provocative discussion on the 2020 Census.
Following the panel will be networking from 1:30PM – 2:00PM.
MRC MEMBERS / STUDENTS: No fee
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to receive a link to the webinar
[Active/Associate/Non-Resident Members: use your complimentary guest passes to invite guests!]
Remit payment through the below PayPal button to receive a link to the webinar
Thank you to Daddi Brand Communications for providing the webinar technology, Zoom