The Market Research Council is the oldest and one of the most prestigious market research organizations in the world.
The Market Research Council’s mission is to:
- Provide the focal point around which distinguished marketing research professionals can gather for the development and advancement of their mutual interests.
- Stimulate the vigorous debate around the evolution of scientific study.
- Strive constantly for advancement in the techniques of fact-finding, analysis and presentation. Broaden the field for marketing research by stimulating a wider acceptance and use of its services.
- Encourage the study of marketing research as a profession in schools and colleges.
- Invite speakers to discuss studies, techniques and problems pertaining to marketing research and related subjects.
- Encourage the highest ethical practices in the preparation and use of marketing research with the constant aim of lift the standards of the profession.
Chartered in 1927, the Council held its first meeting on January 14, 1927 at the Harvard Club in New York City.
For the last 30 years, meetings have been held at the Yale Club in New York City.