Join us for our next webinar on Thursday, April 15, 2021 from 12:30-2pm EST. (Registration details at the bottom of this page)
The immediate future of digital media and e-commerce is ripe for evolution and opportunities abound—but the complexities posed by tech, government regulators, media and measurement must be unraveled (and ramifications clearly understood and solved for) prior to implementing new policies and practices that will surely have both national and global socio-economic impact for future decades.
Guest speaker, Dave Grimaldi, EVP Public Policy at the IAB (Interactive Advertising Bureau), will answer these questions to help you get smart about known and potential impacts to the digital ad-supported internet:
- Will the loss of cookies and other identifiers change the landscape of media and brands—particularly to SMBs?
- Will personalized advertising be lost to all but those with 1st party data/1:1 consumer relationships?
- Or is contextual advertising good enough?
- Will walled-gardens proliferate as a result of ad tracking limitations?
- What does all of this mean to brands trying to understanding ROI? And to publishers, trying to prove they are key to that ROI?
- Are inroads into cross-platform measurement thwarted?
- Are US brands, agencies, publishers, platforms, ad tech and e-com retailers ready for these imminent changes?
- How is Congress thinking about consumer privacy online? What’s on the horizon?
Following Dave’s presentation, MRC President Josh Chasin will lead a discussion with the group. MRC members who want to share their own expert perspectives on the critical issues surrounding consumer privacy and the evolution of the open web are invited to do so in the Q&A session.
About our Speaker:
Dave Grimaldi is Executive Vice President for Public Policy at the Interactive Advertising Bureau. Dave manages IAB’s Washington office, and oversees the staff and strategy of IAB’s policy and international teams. He directs IAB’s strategy, communications, and advocacy in front of Congress, the White House, federal agencies, and state and foreign governments. Dave has testified before Congress in defense of the online, advertising-supported ecosystem, and has conducted numerous IAB member fly-ins to Washington and state assemblies to educate lawmakers on the inner-workings of digital ads. He has a long career on The Hill, and in media, including: Director of Public Affairs, Pandora Medial Chief of Staff to FCC Commissioner Mignon Clyburn; Senior Counsel to House Majority Whip James E. Clyburn of the U.S. House of Representatives; Principal at The Raben Group, Legislative Counsel to Representative Ed Towns (NY-10).
Dave earned a bachelor’s degree in English at Loyola Marymount University in Los Angeles, followed by a J.D. at Catholic University Law School. While at Catholic, he interned in the chambers of Judge Thomas Penfield Jackson in the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia, and served as a law clerk for the Office of the General Counsel for the U.S. House of Representatives.
MRC MEMBERS / STUDENTS: No fee
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to receive a link to the webinar
[Active/Associate/Non-Resident Members: use your complimentary guest passes to invite guests!]
Remit payment through the below PayPal button to receive a link to the webinar
We Gratefully Thank GEOPATH for providing the technology, Zoom